Ford GT40s are a bit like Shelby Cobras, you may see them at car shows, but chances are the ones you see are replicas, not real examples of those iconic cars. That’s why it was nice that the Eyes On Design show had a real 1966 Ford GT40, a Superformance replica in Gulf livery and race trim that we’ve featured before in our Autorama coverage, and a modern Ford GT. So we’ll be featuring a real GT40, a replica and a recreation. The ’66 is a rare car in that it was built as a street, not racing car.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook