Patrick Culkin’s 1988 Dodge Aries is not your everyday K-Car. I spotted it at the Shelby Dodge club’s national meet. It’s not only cleaner than most 24 year old K-Cars you might come across, it’s also faster. It’s fully race prepped and Culkin autocrosses it in NASA and SCCA and it’s not very much like your Mom’s Aries. He calls it ScAries and it came in 4th in Grassroots Motorsports’ $2010 Challenge. I love the “Special K” license plate. Like many of the high performance ’80s vintage Mopar performance cars at the SDAC meet/show, it had some variant of the 2.2 or 2.5 L turbo motor.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook