Designer Ron Will disagrees with me about the Ferrari FF. He thinks it’s got some ugly in it. He’s not unhappy with the idea of a Ferrari shooting brake, he just doesn’t like how the 612 Scaglietti based FF came out. Here’s his digital rendering of a longroof Ferrari based on the 599. Though I don’t personally think that the FF is ugly, there’s no question that the 599 is a much more attractive car than the 612, not one of Pininfarina’s most elegant jobs, and Will’s shooting brake looks great. Will headed Subaru styling for 25 years so maybe that’s where the roof rack comes from, but note how the rack’s legs gracefully extend lines from the B and C pillars.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook