Continuing with mid-’50s Fords, here is a beautiful restored yellow 1957 Fairlane 500. I’m not sure why these never were nearly as popular to collectors at their contemporaries from Chevy, but this car is a beauty. The two tone white and canary yellow gives it an airy look and other than the round headlight surrounds that give it a bit of a bug-eyed look, I think it’s a more modern looking car than the ’57 Chevy. Also, it gets style points for that cool front hinged hood.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook