Yesterday we ran photos and a review of the 2012 Chrysler 300. Here’s that car’s namesake, a 1957 Chrysler 300C, at the Eyes On Design show. While the ’57 Mopars introduced Virgil Exner Sr’s Forward Look, if you squint you can still styling concepts around the grille and headlights that go back to the D’Elegance Exner/Ghia show car and forward to today’s 300. I think that Exner’s 1957 cars are masterpieces. Yeah they have those outlandish fins, but there’s a purity of line that you see in the 1957 cars from Chrysler that rarely happens in the automotive world.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook