Our good friend Jack Baruth likes to mock the notion of a “record” for “production” cars at Germany’s famed Nurburgring race course. Still, as car guys we know that any car that is capable of running the Nordschleife in under seven and a half minutes is a serious automobile with a serious driver at the wheel, whether it’s a true stock production car or not. The current “record” is about 10 seconds faster, also held by a prepped ACR, but in 2008, this Viper ACR did the ring in 7:22. It was on display at the 2012 Eyes On Design show along with a number of other Vipers, including the original GTS coupe concept and the new 2013 Viper concept. As with the Nurburgring record Corvette ZR1, this Viper also wears a small map of the ‘Ring.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook