We’ll get to some dual cowl cars from other marques soon, but continuing in a Packard dual cowl phaeton vein, here’s a cream colored example, also on display at the Packard Proving Grounds’ fall open house. Well, actually the pics were taken as the show was ending and it was leaving the Grouds – but then I’m one of those car guys that prefers to see cars being driven. I think it’s a 1931, at least that’s what I think the vintage license plate says. If Dick Kughn’s fire engine red Packard phaeton is a bit over the top for you, you could always buy one in this color – so you can arrive in style but in an understated manner.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- 1967 LeMans Winning Ford Mk IV Repaired, Back on Display @ THF – 3D Photos & 3D Video Walkaround
- Together For the First Time? Mustang I, Mustang II & Mustang III Concepts – 3D Photos
- You Can Trust Your Car to the Man Who Wears the Star
- Survivor Series: Bruce Thompson’s Original Condition Model A: 3D Photos
- The Last Car Show of the Year
Find Us On Facebook