This car wears BATMAN license plates but someone reading those plates from behind won’t get the full effect of this wagon’s wild wings. For that you need a 3/4 perspective. As wild as they look, remember that these fins would have to grow a bit before they were as extreme as those on the ’59 and ’60 Chevys and Buicks. People remember Virgil Exner’s Forward Look cars for their flamboyant exterior styling but it should be remembered that Mopar interiors from that era also pushed the envelope. Note the free standing translucent speedometer and see through speedometer housing to go with the clear acrylic steering wheel..
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook