While General Motors was getting excited about the all-new seventh generation Corvette and the Cadillac ELR extended range EV, Ford stole some of their thunder in the most important part of the North American market, full-size pickup trucks. Only last month GM introduced the new Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra at a press event and apparently the marketers in the RenCen decided they didn’t have to do anything special about their new pickups for the NAIAS. GMC didn’t even have any press conference at all. So instead of the 5,000+ journalists writing about the Silverado/Sierra twins, they wrote about the Ford Atlas concept, an early look at the 2015 F-150. The GM pickups, like the Atlas, continue the trend of larger and taller trucks. I’m not very tall, only 5’6″, and if fullsize American pickups get any taller, I won’t be able to see over the bed.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- 1967 LeMans Winning Ford Mk IV Repaired, Back on Display @ THF – 3D Photos & 3D Video Walkaround
- Together For the First Time? Mustang I, Mustang II & Mustang III Concepts – 3D Photos
- You Can Trust Your Car to the Man Who Wears the Star
- Survivor Series: Bruce Thompson’s Original Condition Model A: 3D Photos
- The Last Car Show of the Year
Find Us On Facebook