The date of this television commercial the Three Stooges shot for Simoniz isn’t clear, but since ‘Curly Joe’ DeRita is in it, this must date to after 1959, when the Stooges had a comeback following the television syndication of their old Columbia Pictures films. The Stooges are playing scientists, with Larry and Curly Joe telling Moe that they’ve invented a new product that combines Simoniz wax and cleaner in one push-button container. After they show off the way it shines the hood of a car (perhaps a 1960 Ford Falcon, it’s hard to tell), Moe tells the other two “nitwits” that Simoniz already had introduced “Instant Simoniz”. What’s old is new. At the 2013 Chicago Auto Show media preview, Turtle Wax had a press conference introducing their new “Rinse Free Wash & Wax” product, which like Instant Simoniz, combines a cleaner and a wax.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- 1967 LeMans Winning Ford Mk IV Repaired, Back on Display @ THF – 3D Photos & 3D Video Walkaround
- Together For the First Time? Mustang I, Mustang II & Mustang III Concepts – 3D Photos
- You Can Trust Your Car to the Man Who Wears the Star
- Survivor Series: Bruce Thompson’s Original Condition Model A: 3D Photos
- The Last Car Show of the Year
Find Us On Facebook