My day job is running a small custom embroidery shop, so the first thing I noticed on Craig Dolan’s “Rustarado” ’54 Chevy Pickup was the fact that the fenders were all wrapped in cowhide, pieced together with Frankenstein-like stitches. Then I noticed the hand hammered copper sheeting all over the engine compartment, the copper bumper and copper covers riveted to the running boards. Finally I noticed Dolan’s big grin. That’s one of the best parts about the folks taking part in the Autorama Extreme down in Cobo Hall’s lower level – they don’t take themselves too seriously and they’re all about having fun with their cars. Actually, with a 383 stroker sitting amidst all that copper plate, I bet Rustarado goes pretty seriously.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook