Unlike all the Andy of Mayberry and Adam 12 replicas, this blacked out Ford Taurus with an Omni Consumer Products – Detroit Police logo on the door, was actually used in the filming of the Robocop movie franchise, which takes place in a dystopian future Detroit. I’m not sure which of the three Robocop movies it was in, but based on the shape of the lightbar on the roof, I think it was either the original or the first sequel. It still has the prop guns from the movie hanging on the divider between the front and back seats. The couple who owns it were a lot friendlier than the cops and auxiliary cop wannabes at the Emergency Vehicle Show.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook