Toyota has been promising us that they don’t want to make boring cars anymore and following Akio Toyoda’s lead, Toyota and its Lexus brand have shown some concept cars that are hardly boring, like the FCV fuel cell concept and the Lexus LC-LF. At this year’s NAIAS they introduced the Toyota FT-1, which Toyota enthusiasts are hoping will end up being the next Supra. If it does become the next Supra, I think we can expect that some of the wild styling, with all of the ducts and scoops, won’t make it to production but you never know. Whether they make it to production or not, those ducts and scoops look pretty cool in 3D.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook