I’m glad that Al Grooms brought his very clever 1950 Ford F-1 pickup based rat roddish midengine creation back to the Autorama Extreme display downstairs at Cobo Hall. There are so many inventive things on this car that one look is not enough. When he showed it for the first time last year, I hadn’t noticed that even the back axle is bassackwards, flipped around so the nose piece is pointing to the back of the car. I guess Grooms figured that if he could use a chain drive to transfer power to the driveshaft that runs to the back of the car, he could use another chain drive to get that power into the differential.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- 1967 LeMans Winning Ford Mk IV Repaired, Back on Display @ THF – 3D Photos & 3D Video Walkaround
- Together For the First Time? Mustang I, Mustang II & Mustang III Concepts – 3D Photos
- You Can Trust Your Car to the Man Who Wears the Star
- Survivor Series: Bruce Thompson’s Original Condition Model A: 3D Photos
- The Last Car Show of the Year
Find Us On Facebook