This is another car that Toyota won’t sell in the United States. The Auris Touring Sports is the station wagon version of the car sold as the Corolla in the U.S. Americans, we’re told, are allergic to station wagons so other than Volvo, Mercedes and BMW, new wagons are pretty scarce in North America. Also, as with the Auris hatchback, the car has a pretty sophisticated independent rear suspension, something else Toyota doesn’t offer on the U.S. spec Corolla.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook