I have a post going up at The Truth About Cars concerning how the Volkswagen Karmann Ghia was styled after a Chrysler show car called the D’Elegance. The D’Elegance was one of the Virgil Exner Sr. concepts that Ghia fabricated for Chrysler and when the head of Karmann approached Ghia about building a sporty coupe and cabriolet on the Beetle’s chassis, Ghia engineer and designer Giovanni Savonuzzi more or less scaled down the design. This 1968 Karmann Ghia convertible appears to be a bit of a restomod, unless leather upholstery was offered them.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- 1967 LeMans Winning Ford Mk IV Repaired, Back on Display @ THF – 3D Photos & 3D Video Walkaround
- Together For the First Time? Mustang I, Mustang II & Mustang III Concepts – 3D Photos
- You Can Trust Your Car to the Man Who Wears the Star
- Survivor Series: Bruce Thompson’s Original Condition Model A: 3D Photos
- The Last Car Show of the Year
Find Us On Facebook