Aaron Severson does his usual bang up job over at Ate UP With Motor on the history of the Porsche 914. Go read that post and then come back and enjoy these photos of a very clean 914 at the 2014 Vintage Volkswagen show. Why a Porsche at a VW show? Because originally the 914 was going to be marketed world wide as a Volkswagen, with the six cylinder 914/6 sold as a genuine Porsche. As a matter of fact the 914 was sold as a VW-Porsche 914 in Europe but Porsche managers thought that strategy would hurt the brand in the U.S. so the four cylinder car was also sold as a Porsche in the U.S.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook