At the 2014 Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este in Italy, BMW’s MINI brand introduced the MINI Superleggera Vision concept. The nifty little speedster with its retroish rear fin, was a joint venture of MINI and the Touring Superleggera design and coachbuilding firm. There have been rumors that the car would go into production and MINI brought it out again for the 2015 NAIAS in Detroit. Apparently the reception from the public was positive because according to the UK’s Car, BMW brass has given the Superleggera the green light for production beginning sometime in 2018.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook