Jaguar took advantage of moving the XF to their new iQ[Al] modular aluminum architecture, finally making their midsize sedan lighter than the big XJ. The new XF is not just lighter thatn the previous XF, it’s actually a bit more compact, being 0.3 inches shorter. With the more modern platform comes more interior space, though, and better performance. The XF-S has the more potent of two supercharged V6 engines that are available, which puts out 380 HP, good for a 0-60 time of 5.0 seconds.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook