Like the Chevy Malibu, the introduction of the next generation Kia Optima at the the New York Auto Show was overshadowed by the general emphasis on luxury, and like the Malibu, the Optima will outsell the new Cadillac CT6, Lincoln Continental and Mercedes-Benz GLE combined. With so much attention focused on CUVs, and prognostications that the sedan is dying, a reasonably successful midsize sedan still means six figures worth of profitable sales annually. Kia sold over 150,000 Optimas last year.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook