The introduction of the 570S was a big deal for McLaren so they pulled out all the stops. I’m not sure why a metaphor from pipe organs fits high performance cars, but the event was important enough that McLaren brought out an example of each of their now three distinct lines of cars, the entry level Sport series, the heart of the lineup Super series (based around the 650S) and the P1 related Ultimate series. For the heart of the lineup, they brought out a candy red 650S Spider. Fortunately for our fans of 3D photography, they had the MDDs (McLaren dihedral doors, in contradistinction to LSDs, Lamborghini Style Doors – which actually only come on the top of the line Lambos, not the Gallardo or its Huracan replacement) open.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook