Buick has teased the 2017 LaCrosse’s grille, pictured above. If it looks familiar, that’s because it was lifted from the Buick Avenir concept shown at the Detroit auto show early this year, pictured below. The Avenir is a four door so theoretically the rest of the car besides the grille could become the basis of the next LaCrosse sedan. GM could make worse decisions than that, since the Avenir was a big hit and widely praised. GM, though, lately has had a habit of introducing attractive concepts that are just that, concepts, like Cadillac’s Ciel and Elmiraj. I guess we’ll see sometime next year how much the Avenir, which means “future” in French, represents the look going forward of Buick’s production sedan with a French nameplate.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook