The E-Body Mopars with the big 426 Hemi or even bigger 440 engines get most of the attention, but I’ve always been partial to the small block V8 versions. They handle better, get much better gas mileage, they’re still quick, and in general I think they’re a better balanced car. The Hemi and 440 engines tend to overshadow what is one of the most attractive American cars ever made. The last generation Barracuda has great lines and almost perfect proportions. This 340 ‘Cuda might be a little bit restomodded, those wheels certainly aren’t stock, but it look fabulous. I think it was the nicest looking car of any of the E-Bodies that were at this cruise night event at the Chrysler museum.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook