Lest you think that the Woodward Dream Cruise is just about Mustangs and Mopar, Corvettes and Camaros, it’s really a celebration of all things automotive. You’re going to see rare and exotic foreign machinery along with pedestrian American cars from the 1960s and 1970s (and ’50s and ’40s and ’30s and ’20s too). Detroiters are knowledgeable car enthusiasts and foreign marques have healthy followings in the Motor City. This 1970 Ferrari Dino GT belongs to retired GM designer Kip Wasenko, who penned the Evoq show car that established Cadillacs “Art & Science” design theme. The Dino has won best in class at the Meadow Brook concours, but I saw Wasenko driving it on north Woodward the other night and he wasn’t pampering that car like it was a priceless show car.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook