Daimler is killing the Maybach brand, prompting Derek Kreindler to ask, if the Maybach is discontinued, what kind of blinged out cars will replace the uber-Benz with rappers looking for that perfect combination of luxury and image? The video for Sir Mix-A-Lot’s Carz show’s that Italian exotics are popular with the hip-hop set, but you can’t carry around much of your entourage in a two-seat Gallardo. Of course European exotics weren’t always the aspirational ride of choice for up and coming rhymers. In 1987, when hip-hop was still young, Public Enemy’s Chuck D gave a shout out to the Oldmobile 98 in You’re Gonna Get Yours. Caveat: Some lyrics and images may not be safe for work.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook