To help introduce the new V8 version of the Continental GT, Bentley had a colorfully painted cutaway of the “Newest Bentley engine”. I guess that means “new” in the sense that the hand-me-down SS-in-name-only ’66 Impala that was my first car was “new”, at least to me. The “new” “Bentley” 500 HP V8 is essentially the same engine as the V8 used in VAG’s Audi S6, S7 and S8 models. It’s rather amazing the way VAG shares platforms and drivetrains between vehicles at substantially different price points without anyone saying that Bentleys, Audis and Lamborghinis are tarted up VeeDubs.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook