Can the company that made a full size sedan with a big V8 an American birthright succeed at selling relatively tiny A segment cars? We’ll find out because the Chevy will soon start selling the Spark. It’s a small car, you can see just how small it is from the size of the man looking at the interior in the photo above. Among its competitors are the Scion iQ, the Smart fortwo, and the Fiat 500. It’s powered by a 1.2 L four, comes with 10 airbags as standard equipment and has a class-exclusive 7″ touch screen for navigation and entertainment. Gasoline and diesel versions of the Spark are made in Korea, though the announced EV version of the Spark may have final assembly done in the US.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook