There was no shortage of cutaway engines in the General Motors display at the 2012 NAIAS and the engines they showed were their most high profile motors. There was a variety of LSx variants including the LSA from the CTS-V Cadillacs and the king of the hill LS9 from the ZR-1 Corvette, complete with cutaway supercharger and intercooler. The 2 liter turbo from the new Cadillac ATS was on display as was the 2.4 Ecotec. The workhorse of the Cadillac lineup, the 3.6 L VVT V6 was also cutaway for your viewing pleasure. Truck fans could get up close and personal with a Duramax turbo diesel, as well as a full cutaway truck chassis from a heavy-duty pickup. Finally, just to let everyone know that it still exists, there was a Dual-Mode Hybrid cutaway in the display as well.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook