Once again, you never know what you’ll find. The Automotive Hall of Fame, in Dearborn, MI has a small number of cars on display that accompany the various displays and honorary plaques devoted to the people who created the auto industry as we know it today. Soichiro Honda was the first Japanese automobile executive to be inducted into the Hall and the Honda company acknowledges the great honor by its loan of the historic 1968 S800 RSC racecar, now on display at the Hall. The previous location of the S800 RSC was in Honda’s own museum at the Motegi racetrack. Most people who know about the S800 have only seen it as a die cast model or in a racing game like Gran Turismo (where its 10,000 RPM redline can be experiences in simulation), so it was a very pleasant surprise to see it in Dearborn.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- 1967 LeMans Winning Ford Mk IV Repaired, Back on Display @ THF – 3D Photos & 3D Video Walkaround
- Together For the First Time? Mustang I, Mustang II & Mustang III Concepts – 3D Photos
- You Can Trust Your Car to the Man Who Wears the Star
- Survivor Series: Bruce Thompson’s Original Condition Model A: 3D Photos
- The Last Car Show of the Year
Find Us On Facebook