Shelby American was very busy in 1964. They were still racing Cobras and Daytona Coupes, but Ford had asked Carroll Shelby to also manage their GT40 endurance racing effort, plus there was the business of converting 50 Cooper Monacos to Ford V8 power (known as the Cooper King Cobras) and even some open wheel racing. As a result, the largest group of Shelby American photos in the Dave Friedman archive at the Benson Ford center, over 500 of them, is from 1964.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- 1967 LeMans Winning Ford Mk IV Repaired, Back on Display @ THF – 3D Photos & 3D Video Walkaround
- Together For the First Time? Mustang I, Mustang II & Mustang III Concepts – 3D Photos
- You Can Trust Your Car to the Man Who Wears the Star
- Survivor Series: Bruce Thompson’s Original Condition Model A: 3D Photos
- The Last Car Show of the Year
Find Us On Facebook