Finishing up with our look at the photos that Dave Friedman took for Shelby American, to commemorate the passing of Carroll Shelby, here are his 1965 shots. So how much do you think the four cars in this photo are worth today? Either one of these two original GT40s, with Shelby racing provenance, would be the stars of any auction, particularly the very rare open top spyder, and the last time one of the six Shelby Daytona Coupes sold, it changed hands for $7.2 million. I’d make a guess that today’s value of the lot would be somewhere north of $15 million.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- 1967 LeMans Winning Ford Mk IV Repaired, Back on Display @ THF – 3D Photos & 3D Video Walkaround
- Together For the First Time? Mustang I, Mustang II & Mustang III Concepts – 3D Photos
- You Can Trust Your Car to the Man Who Wears the Star
- Survivor Series: Bruce Thompson’s Original Condition Model A: 3D Photos
- The Last Car Show of the Year
Find Us On Facebook