Finishing up with our look at the photos that Dave Friedman took for Shelby American, to commemorate the passing of Carroll Shelby, here are his 1965 shots. So how much do you think the four cars in this photo are worth today? Either one of these two original GT40s, with Shelby racing provenance, would be the stars of any auction, particularly the very rare open top spyder, and the last time one of the six Shelby Daytona Coupes sold, it changed hands for $7.2 million. I’d make a guess that today’s value of the lot would be somewhere north of $15 million.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook