Here are a couple of ads that Carroll Shelby shot for Ford to promote the second generation 1967 and 1968 Shelby Mustang. He first recorded the voiceover for the 1967 model year, used in a 60 second commercial that primarily features a gold colored GT350. Ford recycled the same soundtrack for 1968, this time backing a 45 second ad featuring Shelby himself driving a dark blue GT500. Both ads close with the classic “Ford Has a Better Idea” tagline.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook