Okay, so it’s not a movie or tv car but it is an AMC Hornet, 1973 vintage, and it is green, and it is in original condition. That counts for something – particularly since Hornets had a problem with rust. That green paint is original and the green hounds-tooth interior looks just like the interior in my mom’s ’72 Hornet (though that had blue hounds-tooth upholstery). I remember well that parcel shelf that ran under the entire width of the dashboard. This one was a bit better screwed together than Mom’s. It also has 360 V8, which means it’s a lot faster than Mom’s Hornet, which was equipped with the durable but slow AMC inline six. Photos taken at the 2012 Cars R Stars show at the Packard Proving Grounds.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- 2015 New York Auto Show: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse – 3D Photos
- 2015 New York Auto Show: Lincoln Continental Concept – 3D Photos
- 2015 New York Auto Show: Aston Martin Vulcan – 3D Photos
- 2015 New York Auto Shwo: Alfa Romeo TZ2 – 3D Photos
- 2015 New York Auto Show: Alfa Romeo Type 33 Stradale Production – 3D Photos
Find Us On Facebook