Okay, so it’s not a movie or tv car but it is an AMC Hornet, 1973 vintage, and it is green, and it is in original condition. That counts for something – particularly since Hornets had a problem with rust. That green paint is original and the green hounds-tooth interior looks just like the interior in my mom’s ’72 Hornet (though that had blue hounds-tooth upholstery). I remember well that parcel shelf that ran under the entire width of the dashboard. This one was a bit better screwed together than Mom’s. It also has 360 V8, which means it’s a lot faster than Mom’s Hornet, which was equipped with the durable but slow AMC inline six. Photos taken at the 2012 Cars R Stars show at the Packard Proving Grounds.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- 1967 LeMans Winning Ford Mk IV Repaired, Back on Display @ THF – 3D Photos & 3D Video Walkaround
- Together For the First Time? Mustang I, Mustang II & Mustang III Concepts – 3D Photos
- You Can Trust Your Car to the Man Who Wears the Star
- Survivor Series: Bruce Thompson’s Original Condition Model A: 3D Photos
- The Last Car Show of the Year
Find Us On Facebook