I’m partial to mid 1960s Impalas, since my first car was a ’66 Impala SS (with a 283 and a two-speed automatic), but I’m not particularly fond of oversize wheels, but I have to admit this red ’65 Impala SS with what appear to be 20s or 22s, doesn’t look bad. The Impala’s squared off wheel wells help, since non-round wheel wells can better tolerate a wide variety of wheel sizes. Also, the customizer got the stance of the car right, unlike the owner of this Lincoln Mark III.
What folks are saying:
"...I've been over to Cars In Depth on many occasions. Barring the whole 3D thing which drives me up the wall (that's a personal thing, though), I like the content, the writing, and the simple formatting. You do a great job over there, and I am impressed."
Latest Bring-A-Trailer Listings
On the Cars In Depth Bookshelf:
At the Drive-In
Welcome to Cars In Depth:
- Cars In Depth
A realistic perspective on cars and car culture.
The original 3D car site.
- When a Gold American Express Card Isn’t Veblen Enough: The Gold DeLorean
- Did BMW Crib Rolls-Royce’s Vision Next 100 From Gordon Buehrig’s 1948 Tasco Concept?
- Koenigsegg Regera – 3D Photos
- The Path to Fiat Chrysler’s Future Doesn’t Lead Through This Door
- No, Jalopnik, Electric Cars Weren’t Ruling the Road in 1916
Find Us On Facebook